Wednesday, June 14, 2017

AVON Mark. nail polish review

Avon is kicking ass with the addition of the Mark. collections to their inventory. I hope you checked out my review of their lipstick from their Mark. line. I just love these types of revamps of known brands, since you can always expect some fun new vibes will show up in their products, may it be new formulae, scents or colors. 
And the Mark. Gel shine nail polishes are just that! Can you see the amazing colors below? <3 


The point of the Mark. Gel shine line of the 9 new jelly or creame shades they made available, is that they offer the same quality in their formula as any gel nail polish would, but without any need for a UV lamp. The polish offers a strong shine, promises no chipping and easy removal. And I can agree with it all! The shine is phenomenal and the chipping was minimal (which is a miracle with my messed up nails). 
The brushes are flat, cut in a straight line and feature semi soft bristles. Which makes application quite simple, so there wasn't much cleaning up required at the end. 
Now lets head on over to the swatches <3 

1. Sea my nail - is my favorite of the bunch! It is a vibrant, bright neon aqua blue. In the bottle it looks very demure, but when you put it on your nails it turns neon. I was so happy since these shades are tough to come by. For this swatch I applied 2 thick coats, since the just 1 layer was a bit patchy. It is a pure pigment polish, with no shimmers or glitters inside. The perfect Summer nail polish, a must have for anyone who gets tan during these months since that would mean with this polish you could have the most perfect mermaid nails on  the beach :) 



2. Violaceous - I think the name of this polish is a bit misleading, since there is nothing violet about it. This is a simple nude with cold hues inside, meaning it is not a pink nude but a beige nude (just like make up foundation). Wearing this shade makes me feel like I have china doll nails. The pigmentation is amazing! For this swatch I used 1 thick coat and I was done. Once more it is a thick creme of pure pigment. 



3. Cherise-ly - is a color tough to describe. A dusky light red with pink undertones. Or maybe a light brick red with a few pinks mixed in? Confusing - but the swatch is accurate and that makes me so happy. So you decide how this is called :) For this manicure I used 2 thick coats and was done. The drying time was quick just like with all the others. No patchy spots or problems with application, a dream polish for anyone who can't decide if they want to wear red or pink nails. 



4. Violetized - This is my least favorite of the bunch. Mostly due to its shade and also partly due to the problems I had with application. This is a cold hued pink that has purple undertones. The problem here is that the formula is very watery. Meaning it was very hard to apply. So for this swatch I applied 4 layers for full opacity, but it was very stressful since it dries very patchy and is very uncooperative when you try to apply it on the nail. But since it is not my favorite shade of the bunch it is ok, since the rest of the collection was flawless :)



The best part of it all no matter where you are from Avon is available to you! So visit their WEB PAGE and online store. Or if you like to be more in touch with all their newest updates follow them on their social media pages:
TWITTER


xoxo
gin

*the items were sent to me for my honest review*

2 comments:

  1. They look like really nice polishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of the accent nails you did!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...