Friday, January 27, 2017

BPS Review: Holographic pigment powder

I believe by now all of us had their mind blown by the amazing videos of ladies applying holo pigment powder to their nails, resulting in the most flawless holo manicures ever in existence. I was blown away by them all! Not only that, I was lucky enough to get my claws on that illusive and magical powder curtsy of BornPretty Store. I knew as soon as I will get that powder I will use it in a way nobody ever did before. 


The holographic pigment powder comes in 0,5g or 1g packages. They are sealed very tight and accompanied by a sponge wand that helps with the application. Also are you as in love with the little holo bag that the powder comes in, as I am? <3


The powder is very fine and it gets all over everything. Therefore be careful when you apply it, or get ready for some major clean up. To get the original full coverage look you have to apply some black nail polish as base. Over it you add some gel 'non whipe' top coat, the stickiness helps with the pigment to stay on the nail. But ... since I first saw the holo effect I was dreaming of a holo top coat. And I have tried a lot of holo nail polishes that were very sheer or 'holo top coats' and none were any good...


But if you use this Holographic pigment powder a bit differently then the instructions you end up with the best holo top coat ever! So you make your little nail art design. Then use your normal top coat that you know will be drying the longest. In that time you apply the powder, it is best if the base is dark so the holo can shine through. OMG ARE YOU SEEING THIS? I love how this turned out! 

To create this manicure I used Essence Wild white ways as the white base. I used Essence Stamp me! black and Cheeky CH49 stamping plate. Over it all I added a top coat that dries very slow and the Holo pigment powder


So if you are on the constant hunt for deals visit Bornpretty store Nail art department and stack up on some of these beauties. And while you are there use the 
10% OFF CODE RJL91

xoxo
gin


*these items were sent to me for my honest review*

1 comment:

  1. That pigment powder applied on the nails look nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...