Monday, December 12, 2016

TUTORIAL: Abstract Christmas tree

The Christmas season is almost upon us and I wanted to show you all how to make very simple nail art that is very festive and incredibly effortless to make. Here is what I came up with and you can believe me, to recreate it will be a breeze. 


What you need for this manicure is a stunning glitter green base nail polish, I choose Zoya Merida. Also a green metallic nail polish for the accents, I used Kiko Lawn green. I also used Seche Vite top coat as the sealing agent that glues all the studs on my nails. I used simple colorful round nail studs that represent the tree decorations. And since every X-mas tree needs a big shining star on top I used gold star studs for that, I got them both from BornPretty Store. Don't forget some sticky tape to control the brushing part of the nail art. 


Here you can see how I applied the sticky tape. I added it only on one half of the nail. After I was done with that half, I removed it and then applied it to the other half. I naturally applied some top coat in between it, with that I ensured that the existing nail art didn't get destroyed by the sticky tape. 


Step 1: Apply the base nail polish.
Step 2: Apply the sticky tape on one half of the nail. Than with the classic brush stroke technique (I posted the tutorial to it a million time here) make strokes that start from your nail edge that ends at the beginning of the tape.
Step 3: Do the same on the other side of the nails. As said before add some top coat in between steps so the nail art already created does not smudge. 
Step 4: Apply the nail studs. I choose to make a rainbow line in the middle, crowned with a star. Feel free to apply them randomly as the real tree decorations are. Don't forget a generous top coat or gel top coat, to keep all the studs in place. 




I love how these turned out! They are simple, classic and effortless to make. And not too colorful - a great manicure to wear in the Winter season without it being to gaudy. 


Don't forget to visit Glam - Express, which is a great spot to find all kids of festive beauty posts. 

xoxo
gin

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...