Monday, September 12, 2016

CICI & SISI Ocean 2 stamping plate review (31DC2016: Day 10 - Gradient)

I did a couple of reviews of the nail art supplier CICI & SISI and it is time to show you more of their acrylic plates. They are quickly becoming my go to plates - I can't believe they aren't more popular! One of the positive traits of these plates is the fact that you don't need to worry as much about damaging it - they seem indestructible - no damage from scrapers or polish remover is visible. 

I got for you today their OCEAN 02 plate. And since the time of Summer manis is fleeting I decided to show you in this review that just the theme of the plate is Nautical it does not mean you can't use it all year round. 


The plate features 14 small sea animals that come in approx. 1 x 1,5 cm. Also here are 3 bigger images, one is an abstract wave, a sea goddess and a fancy jellyfish. Since the entire plate is 95 x 95 x 2 cm in size, the 3 pictures are quite large, I was able to use them in smaller portions. 

The big pictures come in handy when you don't want your mani to smell too much like a tropical party ;) I used the tentacles of the jelly for my nails with the gradient base. And created decals out of the 2 details (sparrow + rose) from the items stuck in mermaids hair.


The plate is a bit thicker then a normal steel one and it comes in white, the patters are blue. Also the plate is sheer so you can see the pattern on your nail before it is stamped. The pictures are etched maybe a bit deeper then the usual, they are crisp and simple to work with. The stamping polishes don't discolor the plate and they work great on it. The scraping doesn't damage the plate and the process of picking up a picture is very easy, no matter what combination of stamping polishes and stampers you use. 


For this manicure I used Color club Beyond and Eternal beauty + Kiko 399 holographic polishes as base. The stamps are made with Essence Stamp me! black, so are the decal portions. Then I painted in the decals with OPI Coca cola red, Jade is the new black, Mermaids tears, Catrice Hip queens wear blue jeans, Sinful colors Mardi Grass and We are all matte here.


I highly recommend you visit them since their inventory features a lot of unique plates with patterns like no one else offers! All acrylic plates cost only 5.99$ and you can even get your own costume made stamping plate! How cool is that? 

Visit all the other CICI & SISI web pages to find out more about this brand and get inspired by the nail art featuring their products:

xoxo
gin


*the items were sent to me for my honest review*

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...