Sunday, September 4, 2016

31DC2016: Day 4 - Green - Bulbasaur - the love of my life

Everyone has that 1st Pokemon that stole their heart forever - most basics love their Pikachu but I couldn't care less about him - I LOVE BULBASAUR!!! <3 
And I know that is the least popular starter of the 1st generation, but that is just who I am, someone who loves the 'undersirables' ;)


Since I annouced in my Charmander post that I will create all three 1st generation starter Pokemon, I added some extra pressure on myself since I wanted to make the Bulbasaur manicure the best looking and I NAILED IT *pun intended* Just look at his cute little face <3 


Here you can see him from the original anime - isn't he adorable? In case you didn't know who he is ... I choose to recreate his face, the little spots, the flower bud on his back that is gathering power for a solar beam *his strongest attack* and some flowers since he is a Grass type Pokemon. 

source: tumblr
I surprisingly used only one stamping plate named JQ-L19 with BPS Pink stamping polish. The yellow I used is Essence Hello sunshine, the light green is Essence Upper green side. The base is Kiko 389, the green triangles are Essence Roller coaster. The other colors I used for the other details are Catrice I'm not a greenager, Essence hola, guapa, Purple sugar, OPI Coca cola red, Alpine snow and Wet n Wild Darkest hour. 


Look at his being all cute and happy - I image that is the case when he saw my manicure ;) 

source: tumblr
xoxo
gin

5 comments:

  1. Aww bulbasaur is a cutie! You did an awesome job translating him into nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I really want to catch a Bulbasaur in my pokemon go :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! I got mine as my starter pokemon then I got a few from 2km eggs

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...