Friday, September 23, 2016

31DC2016: Day 23 - Movie - Alice through the Looking glass (OPI & Urban decay review)

It is not secret I am a big fan of the 1st Alice in Wonderland movie by Tim Burton. So imagine how happy I was when I saw the trailer for the 2nd movie - Alice through the looking glass. You can see the trailer below. 
But the movie was a big let down - and it breaks my heart to say that ;( But all that the movie was about, featured Alice on the sidelines - no iconic symbols. It was all about Johnny Deep - don't get me wrong I love that man - but there is no need to focus so much on him when there is so much more in the Wonderland universe. 

Needles to say I was just too sad to make any nail art - also the movie was very uninspiring so I just did the swatches from all the items I got that were released as part of the movie promotions. At least those were not a total let down. 



I got the set of mini OPI Alice Through the Looking glass collection nail polishes. In the set I got (left from right) I am gown for anything, Oh my Mayesty!, Having a big head day and The I's have it.  You get 4 mini OPI nail polishes in 3,75 mL bottles that are perfect for any lady on the go. I believe that to be the best usage of these polishes since the shades are so classic. 

I am gown for anything - is a very light lavender creme. It is so very bright it even looks like a white or pastel pink at times. The application was very easy and it took 3 thin coats of polish for full opacity. It dried a bit more matte then shiny here.

Oh my Majesty! is a very - VERY - light grey or at sometimes even white creme. It is a color thought to describe since it looks different under different lights. It also has a bright pink shimmer inside. But it is a very shy kind of shimmer so naturally it was impossible to capture on a camera. For full opacity I needed 3 thin coats. 

A big head day is a classic fire engine red. It dries a lot more shiny than the previous 2 polishes. It also is strongly pigmented so it was a almost one coat polish. A very traditional polish.

The I's have it is a bright blue, of a pure pigment, no violet undertones or any type of shimmers. But it still is a pastel that is not neon or special at all. For full opacity I needed 2 coats and once more it dries a lot glossier than the 1st two polishes. 


The amazing promotional artwork shows what are the inspirational colors behind the collections, since they are not as traditional as the last time. 


Here is A mirror escape - the only full sized nail polish I had my heart set to. I love these kinds of polishes - they look crazy when they are textured and majestically pretty when added a top coat. This here are 2 top coats and no top coat. It is a solid gold metallic polish with white dotted matte glitter. That makes it seem like the 1st snow has fallen on a royal crown. 


As you can see I used it HERE as the base for my recent stamping plate review. 


Well at least the red Queen is as bad ass as she was in the 1st movie <3 Damn her design is still on point <3


Urban decay is a brand of make up that I don't have any other items of, since they are very hard to purchase where I am from. But I was blessed enough to get this Lip stick from a friend from USA. I knew of the collection since they had notoriously beautiful packaging. And the lipsticks are no exception. 


The one I own is named the Mad Hatter and it is a 'metallized' lip stick. Meaning it has a metallic like shimmer with slight glitter inside. As you can see from the swatches the lipstick itself looks a bit more full of blue tones, while the actual color that is formed on the skin and lips is more fuchsia toned. The lipstick is a bit on a sheer side, since it took 2 layers of it for full coverage. But it looks like magic on the lips. It features glitter and shimmer on a fuchsia base that bring a very special magic to your lips. 


They even made the White queen a few shades lamer than the last time. I loved her look the last time - all white with black make up - now she is all shades of pink - so boring. 


Also the trailer to the movie - I must admit it got me all hyped up ;(

xoxo
gin

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...