Wednesday, April 20, 2016

NOTD: Broken mirror nail art

Metallic nail polish is a trend that never seems to go away. But I realise it is difficult to wear ... Today I decided to create a look that displays on how to wear a classic metallic nail :)


With my current nail shape I realise they look a bit wild and dangerous, bit if you imagine them with normal tips or a bit shorter you can see they are not that special. Also if you are afraid of to shiny silver nails some simple black nail art is always a great way to go since it can dampen the base color a bit.

The big secret to wearing metallic nails is to invest in the perfect shade. My all time favorite is OPI Push & shove, it comes with a special top coat that makes the foil finish smooth. So a special top coat that comes with the polish is always a good sign. 


For this manicure I used OPI Push and shove as base. The art is made using BM608 stamping plate and Essence stamp me!black nail polish. That is all you need and you have instant broken mirror manicure. If you don't like stamping feel free to hand draw the cracks in the nails for the same effect. 



Don't forget to visit Glam express for more inspirations for nails and make up :)



4 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! I have that design on one of my plates, but couldn't get it to work. -_- That was before my new stamper, though, so maybe I should try again...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. for some strange reason BM plates work best with BM stampers ;( and Bornpretty store stamping polishes - try that combination if possible

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...