Tuesday, March 15, 2016

NOTD: End of the rainbow

This is my 2nd NOTD for St. Patrick's day. Once more I decided not to go with the same design that most of the artist are posting currently - I wanted to create something that ties in with the Leprechaun legends of the Irish. 


I always loved the idea of the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so I decided to incorporate that in these nails. I feel it mixes nicely with the 'Luck charms' theme that is fitting for this festive days. 


The gold clover matches great with the gold shards falling from the rainbow - a very simple nail design anyone can attempt at home - I bet it would look even cooler if you have longer nails. And any heart shaped nail studs will do, that means you can recycle any leftover 3D nail art supplies you have at home from Valentine's day :)


For this manicure I used Sinful colors Bananappeal, Essence Juicy love, Beautiful lies, Barry M Blue grape and p2 Caipiriniha for the gradient rainbow. The same green was used for the pinkie base over it I added Kleancolor Chunky holo clover. The gold glitters are Essence My golden pumps.


I hope you like this nail art. It is another way to wear St. Patty's day themed nails without being to obvious about it. 
Stop by Glam express where these nails are exclusively featured and it a a great spot if you need any  make up and manicure tutorials :) 


xoxo
gin

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun rainbow gradient this is! Love the addition of the flakie top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Nice use of that KleanColor. *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...