Monday, January 11, 2016

Essence Winter? wonderful! LE review

A while back I got these 2 adorable Essence products and now I finally had time to review them, and just time since it seems like winter is coming to an end. I received 2 items a tinted lip gloss and a highlighter both from the recent Winter? Wonderful! collection

As always the Essence team did a great job when it comes to the design part of the collection. Everything is coated in warm pastel colors, sprinkled with snowflakes. *Adorable* <3


First we have the Highlighter called You melt my heart. It is a combination of light pink, lavender and nude-orange tones. When it is time to apply it it all melts into a single bright pink hued nude tone with slight shimmer. It is the perfect color to create some fun and bright make up looks. And since the shade is quite pale it is perfect for me since my skin is always pale no matter the season ;)


Next we have the Oil & tint lip gloss called I'd send you a blizzard. Unfortunately I don't like this product too much. Since it is not pigmented enough, nor does it have enough 'healing properties'. It is a bit of both and I don't like such items. I prefer lip products that have only one function and that it does their job correct. The hue of it is a bright pink, a complete opposite of the pale pastel pink of the highlighter. It is very glossy and not very opaque. I guess it could be used as a type of a top coat if you wear some matte lipstick.

Here are the swatches of the 2 products. You can see the pretty highlighter and the shiny lip gloss. 


Over all I like the highlighter and I will use it for make up looks in the future. But the lip gloss is not something I can work with ... Maybe when I will be a in mood for a natural look with a shiny lip :)

xoxo
gin


*the items was send to me for my honest review*

2 comments:

  1. The highlighter is pretty and the lip gloss is nice for a little wash of color on the lips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore the image in the highlighter. ^_^ That tickles me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...