Monday, September 28, 2015

#31DC2015: A flag - Strawhat pirates Jolly roger

By now I think all my lovely followers know that I am obsessed with Sailor Moon! But on the other side of the anime spectrum I am also obsessed with ONE PIECE! I have been watching it for over 10 years and it's still going on and I still love it like the 1st day! <3

It is a anime about pirates with crazy powers all after the great mystical treasure One piece. I left a clip on the bottom of the post so you can see a bit what the show is about! 
I wanted to create a mani that features the Jolly Roger (flag) of the main character Monkey D. Luffy from the Straw hat pirates. 


This is him - Monkey D. Luffy the captain of the Straw hat Pirates - he is so cool and positive a great main character in a flood of animes that are popular now which are so dark :)

source: tumblr
On my ring finger you can see the actual flag. I made his face scar on my pinkie and his hat on my index finger. Since he is the captain and the glue that hold the crew together I used some blues and an anchor that gives it all a bit more of a nautical feel :)


Here you can see their flag in the anime :)

source: tumblr
I had so much fun doing these nails I decided to make more One piece manicures. So in the following weeks I will try and make nail art for the entire Straw hat crew :)


For this mani I used OPI Coca cola red, Sinful colors Wisp, Barry M Blueberry, Catrice Yellow sub-mandarin, Be indiglow! Ex pistols , Essence Cookies & cream, Over the rainbow, Wet n Wild Darkest hour. The plates I used are hehe016, BP-33 and MM36.



Here is a opening to the show and you can see the rest of the crew all the baddies and the general dynamic that made it one of the greatest anime hits ever!!! 

xoxo
gin

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...