Wednesday, April 15, 2015

NOTD: Neon chevrons nails

I got my claws for the 1st time on some Morgan Taylor polishes. And let me tell you they are a dream! OMG Opaque neons in 2 coats with no base coat required. But I still prepared my white polish I use as base. As any nail blogger knows the base white polish is rarely opaque in one coat so here is a tip on how to use a white polish like that in nail art :)


Chevrons and neons are always a trend that is on point for the summer so I choose that combination to show how to use the sheer white polish. Because of the strength of the neons and the little black glitters make the contrast stronger and the white looks even more sheer. 


Therefore this is an easy way to use your sheer white polish to do some nail art and don't need to use it as base only. 


For this mani I used Morgan Taylor Don't worry, Be brilliant and Pink Flame-ingo to make little sponged areas. I also added Models Own Goose on some of the parts and spread the glitters all over the nail. The stamp is made with Sinful Colors Wisp and BM-423 stamping plate.


So there you go you can always stamp even with polishes that are not meant for it you just need a good base polish.
Thank you Glam Express to make this post happen and if any of you ladies are looking for a great place for some beauty inspiration head on over :)
Glam Express


P.S.: For all my Slovenian readers I got these neon Morgan Taylor polishes from a treasure trove that is Akademija Studio Lepota they have a lot of HTF China glazes also <3

xoxo
gin

8 comments:

  1. Your mani is fantastic! What a great idea - to use sheer polish as a stamping polish! I have never seen that before. The work you did on the base is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this and the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Nice crisp lines on the chevrons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way you used the sheerer white! And, I think the black glitters add a lot to this mani! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the base is really stunning! love the mani! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...