Monday, February 23, 2015

DIY project: Stamp-o-holic earrings

With the new year starting and my blog getting more and more followers I decided to make newly themed posts here. As much as I love nail art I love working on a lot of other projects. So to ease you all in my new projects posts today's is DIY Earrings made with nail stamps :)

A while back I got 4 pairs of simple round mono-colored earrings for 1€ in a local Tedi store. As soon as I saw them I saw a great potential for them. So here on the bottom picture you can see them after I stamped them using Born pretty store stamping plates :) I think they look amazing! And you can make them any way you like! <3


Here is what you will need. Round mono-colored earrings, stamping plate, stamping polish (or any colored polish if your base color is white). I used Essence stamp me! black and QA81 stamping plate. And you will need a very squishy stamper. So when the picture is on the stamper you press the earring very strong on it so the entire surface is covered with the image. 

I advise you to choose a big picture maybe one of those full plate images that are usually so tough to place on a nail. Since they are so big you have a guarantee that it will cover the entire earring. 


Here is the result of my 1st attempt. I am quite happy how they turned out. A very simple pattern that always works. And don't forget to add a generous coat of top coat over the image so the earrings will be extra shiny and the pattern can't be erased. I used a classic Seche Vite fast dry top coat.


Here you can see the earrings when I wear them. I love how they pop and are appropriate for any occasion and fit a lot of my outfits. This is a very easy and fast way to decorate something more simple and make something cheap look more fancy. No need to stop at earrings, I bet this technique would work on any other jewelry as well :)


I hope you liked this post and find some inspiration in it. Please let me know what you think of posts like this? :)

xoxo
gin

4 comments:

  1. Great idea! the result is cute and it seems quite simple to achieve too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so smart, I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cool idea!! ^_^ Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...