Sunday, September 28, 2014

#31DC2014: Day 28 - A flag - The fool nails

I never understood this part of the challenge - I don't get excited over flags nor do I have any patriotic feelings so I was at a loss at this point. I was recently rereading my favorite book The Fool by Christopher Moore. It's a parody of Shakespeare's King Lear. In the book the fool becomes the king and I wanted to make a mani that expresses that sentiment. I wanted to make a flag look that matches the story. Mandatory black motley that the fool always wears and a bit of royal blue with crown and sword stamps :) 

I love how this turned out :) I feel like it matches the book and story perfectly.


For this mani I used Color club Beyond as base and Essence stamp me! black for the black nails. The accent finger is made with Essence Crush on blue and Mundo de Unas Yellow. The plates I used are HWH - 05, BM08 and BM16 ;)



Since this book is actually the prequel to The Serpent of Venice you can refresh your memory about that story and the mani I did about it HERE

Favorite quote from the book:
Heinous fuckery most foul ;)

xoxo
gin

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...