Saturday, February 1, 2014

Nail art a go-go challenge: Color theory - Achromatic

So I decided to participate in this amazing Nail art a go-go challenge hosted by the inspiring Missy from gnarly gnails. Art and art history is my one true love - from here is where all my nail art comes from. The challenge is amazingly set but I honestly don't have the time so I decided to participate 2 times per week.



Day 1 of week 1 theme is Achromatic ... I graduated from Art history and this was the only part of this challenge I had to google - somehow it slipped my mind. So I learned it means the neutral colors - black, white and grey. And I decided to pile them all over each other - no order, no theme - just the 3 colors :)


For this look I used Essence I got a crush on blue as base. There are 3 stamps layered over each other done with Essence stamp me!black and white and Catrice Nickel Minaj. The plates I used are BM417, BM414 and BM316. Over it all I put the Bornpretty store water decals we all love. They have small purple gems so I made little silver dots over them.



How do you like this look? I like it and I think that it's a great way to start the challenge :)

xoxo
gin

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...