Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I HAVE BEEN FEATURED IN NAIL IT! MAGAZINE

I can't believe it but my work has been featured on the Nail it! magazine page - You can check it out HERE! I can''t describe it how honored I feel :) And at the same time we are nearing 400 GFC followers so a big CYBER HUG to all you new lovely people <3 

So here is what I did for the amazing folks at Nail it! magazine :)

I wanted to make a nail look a lot like my 'chinese new year' nails. But this time I wanted to make it with polish from only European brands :) I made a lot of pictures of the process on how to get these glittery and multi-colored nails :)


For this look I used Catrice Inner Purple of Trust as base. The 2 glitters are Golden rose Carnival no. 06 and no. 15. The stamps are done with Essence stamp me! Black. The plate is the only non European thing it's QA66.

A good tip for nails this is, since they are so full of different colors try it out if they work on paper first. Also feel free to stamp over that chosen combination with the stamp pattern you like. That is a great way to check if the stamping polish works and that the pattern doesn't overwhelm the glitter :)


Step 1: I used a shiny and bright fuchsia from Catrice called Inner Purple of Trust. This are 2 layers and no top coat. 


Step 2: Add one layer of glitter, no need to top coat this. I used Golden rose Carnival no.15.


Step 3: Add the second layer of glitter of another color. I used Golden rose Carnival no.06. After it dries add some top coat, to make the nail surface flat and if you mess up the stamp you can wipe it off.


Step 4: Apply your stamp. I recommend that you use some dark stamping polish if the base is very bright and colorful. Also it's better to use a pattern that is made of thin lines so the glitter doesn't get lost in the stamp. Don't forget to apply a last layer of top coat ... and you are done :)



I hope you enjoyed this simple step by step tutorial. I love making this layered looks because we all have these glitter polishes at home that have only one or two shade of glitter in. And after mixing them together and some stamps they all get a completely new personality :)

xoxo
gin

8 comments:

  1. čestitke, to pa je dosežek! ;)
    Pa huda manikura kot vedno :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing news!! Congrats on being featured and a lovely manicure too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Congratulations! I love how you layered those glitters. ^_^ Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome design, you deserve to be featured!! Congratulations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning designs...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...