Thursday, October 3, 2013

Silly Lily polish haul



The other day I had a hissy fit because my no name Bichun that was a clear base with little moons in it became totally rock solid. And I decided I need something new with moons in it - but that has clear base. While stalking stuff on etsy I found Silly Lily polish and boy did I struck gold. I found the perfect moon and gold stars polish and then some :) So get ready for my review and swooning :)

First we have New year's eve that is a clear base with gold stars, silver moons and holo hex glitters. And the stars and moons are also very holoish. It's a very packed polish so no fishing was required. I had to make a galaxy nail to do justice to this swatch. I added one coat of top coat for this look.




Then we have the Just 4 fun mini collection. Unfortunately these pretties don't have names and funny/crazy names are one of those things I love the most on polish so I took the liberty to name them :) Let me just say this - the collection is 4 mini polishes with super packed glitter - no fishing was required in any of them and they only cost 10$. And 3/4 are completely unique glitters meaning I've never seen this combination before.

First we have what I named Glitter cake. It's a clear base bursting with small hex glitters that come in green, pink, lavender, blue and gold holo glitters - the best part is all the glitters are pastel shades. This is one coat over Barry M Blueberry Ice cream.


Currently I am on a crazy train to a land with no hex glitters so every time I see polish with non traditional hex glitters I must have it and these next 3 ones are exactly that :)

This one I call Lavender fields.  It's filled with pastel pink and violet dot glitters. Then we have lavender and same violet hex glitters. Thou the lavender ones are a bit bigger. This is one coat over China glaze Lemon fizz with a layer of top coat.


This one is an unexpected favorite one of mine I named Toxic rave. I am not a fan of neon pinks or greens but this one I love. The polish is a clear base packed with matte neon pink hex glitter, neon green square glitters and black square glitters. I love how they are all matte and they relay remind me of the old school rave outfits. This is one coat with top coat.


This pastel beauty I decided to call Let them eat cake because it reminds me of pastel backgrounds from the Marie Antoinette movie. Now hold on so I can count all the awesomeness that is inside ... The only 2 particles that aren't semi-sheer are the white and neon yellow square glitters. Then we have an array of semi-sheer particles like the little lavender stars, pastel pink hex glitters, yellow square glitters and pastel blue rhombus glitters. These are two coats over China glaze Starboard and a layer of top coat.


So this was a haul of epic proportions I can't believe how awesome the minis turned out :) You can always check out Silly Lily polish at her etsy store or her FB page.

xoxo
gin

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those glitters look so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toxic Rave was named perfectly! Glitter polishes always steal my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glorious glittering haul to say the least! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...